I was standing in the kitchen when it hit me, the intense knowing of the imminent tsunami of emotion, an obliterating tidal-wave that is getting ready to smash peoples realities to smithereens.
Death stalks, the Reaper is at large and the clickety-clack of its boney fingers can be heard in places as close as next door; as my neighbour coughs day and night I frantically attempt to disinfect the corridor in a pathetic attempt to keep out air.
Richard calls it ‘FOD’ , fear of death. It’s something we experienced in the past with our relative cancers. Both he and I had the luxury of ‘time’ though. We knew we had at least X amount of time before destiny took hold, and within our small realities with whatever courage, hope and surrender we managed to muster we took on the echos and ghosts of our past actions, thoughts and sins.
Humanity does not have this cursed luxury though. Humanity is collectively facing the ripples of a gigantic quake within its very core.
I walked into Sainsbury’s just this morning and found myself in an episode of Black Mirror, a twisted David Lynch scenario where every self was empty. Just yesterday they were full, this could not be the same place, the same reality, the same Peacehaven, it felt like I had walked onto a set of some movie. But I got my prawns.
Back in my kitchen I could feel fear nipping at my heels, slowly making its way up my calves, the back of my legs. The more I kick, the harder it tugs, like falling in a deep pit backwards, but fall is what I must do. Struggling will only make it worse, surrender is the only way to fall through the Veil. And then fear dissolves into Time.
No comments:
Post a Comment